Tuesday, December 30, 2014

End of the Year Thoughts.

It's like 2 am and so it's only fitting I write random thoughts at such a late hour.

This year has flown by. I literally remember it just being March and now we're at the last 24 hours of 2014. I've had so many great, wonderful moments this year. Moments that I will never forget. 

The time I went to CT in January and my car battery died and it was so cold. And I had to wait over an hour for them to come jump start my car. The same weekend I drove to New York in a snow storm and the main road in Long Beach wasn't plowed and I was terrified because I could hear the car just slipping and sliding. This coming from the girl who doesn't drive in snow. 

I remember being in LA with my best friend and we had the best time. We spent time with some of our favorite people. The Habitat for Humanity guy loved us and there were just so many laughs and smiles that day. 

Being able to watch one of my dear friends interview people on the red carpet was one of the coolest things ever. It was one of those unreal experiences. 

Being able to walk around Nashville, taking in the sights, seeing the Reba exhibit, this country girl at heart was so in love. 

I got to go to Martha's Vineyard for the first time and it was so amazing and pretty and just wonderful. 

I just can't believe this year is over. I honestly believe this year was one of the better years. Sure, there was sadness. And at some points throughout the year, it felt like this overwhelming about of things going wrong and I found myself wondering if they would ever go right. But just because there was sad moments, it doesn't make the entire year bad. In fact, the amazing moments, the amazing who have touched my heart, that's what makes this year so great. 

I had to learn that not everyone has the best of intentions. I had to learn that sometimes people just suck. Plain and simple. And there are a few people I wish I never met but in their own way they taught me things. They taught me that I never want to be as selfish, self-centered and just plain rude as they were to me. 

In that same regard though, I met wonderful people this year. People who are just so bright that having them in the same room with you makes the entire room brighter even if it was in darkness. That's so lame and stuff but I've been lucky enough to meet good people. People who just have good hearts, good intentions and I find myself learning so much from them and simply by knowing these people, it has made me a much better person. 

I've lost friends this year, gained some back and those that I lost taught me something great: if people are meant to stay in your life, they'll find their way back. If not, they were never meant to stay. They were just taking up a temporary spot in your life. 

It's been such a good year overrall and I find myself a much happier person, having been able to see so much, do so much and just continuing to learn so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment